Topics that must be addressed include:
- Data sufficiency requirements
- Modeling approach
- Model selection criteria
- The effect of aggregating hourly models on portfolio uncertainty
A proposed model for hourly methods is the TOWT model from Lawrence Berkeley National Labs (LBNL) is shown below.
- The number of temperature ranges and the balance points will need to be defined. The LBNL model had 5 ranges ( < 55F, 55-65 F, 65-75 F, 75-90 F, 90 F <).
- The methods for defining if a building is occupied or not is explained in detail in Phil Price’s Everything I Know About Building Energy Modeling, But Never Told Anyone Before (18:30-30:00).
- Use Hourly Method Tools on test data
- Report findings on Github
- Offer test criteria for hourly models